6 Fun Family Activities Prevent the Summer Slide!July 19th, 2017
Summertime is the perfect time for fun family activities that improve learning skills.
Bonnie Terry Teleseminar Recording: Summer Activities to Improve Learning Skills
Bonnie did this teleseminar a few years ago. She shared a number of fun family activities and thought you would like to listen in.
There are two parts to the teleseminar. Part one lays the foundation of learning. Part two gives you actionable steps. Bonnie talks about the underlying root cause of learning problems in Part One. She gives you strategies and activities that you can do to improve learning skills during the summer in Part Two.
The Foundation to Improve Learning Skills (Part One)
- 3 Speed to Learning Principles
- What the Cone of Learning is and what needs to be implemented
- More about Visual Processing, Auditory Processing, and Tactile/Kinesthetic Processing
5 Steps to Easier Learning and 6 Activities to Improve Learning Skills (Part Two)
- 5 steps to making learning easy
- What ASK is and why it is important
- 6 specific activities to improve reading, writing, and memory skills
Fun Family Activities: Weekly Trips
- A local museum
- A pet store
- A state park
Once you get home from your weekly trip, talk about it. Write down what your favorite thing was. You can use the graphic organizers in Ten Minutes to Better Study Skills to make this really easy. Add pictures and/or drawings. Then compile this into a family scrapbook.
At Home Activities
- Bake cookies as a family
- Have a family movie night
- Read books individually and then have a book review night
Bonus: FREE Family Activity Book
Family visits Indian Grinding Rock State Park
Are you interested in learning more about solutions to reading, writing, math, or spelling problems? What about solutions that also improve your auditory, visual, and tactile-kinesthetic systems? Schedule a free 30-minute consultation with Bonnie Terry M.Ed., BCET.